Friday, May 31, 2002

Friday is here at last!

Short week, but it felt long… Lordy, did it feel LONG.

I finally finished with all my employee reviews… or so I thought. One of the employees, who, at the completion of her evaluation, said she thought she was going to get a lower score and was relieved she was not “put on probation,” has now decided to start pressuring for her evaluation to be re-evaluated.

Tough luck on that… bitch signed it. Done deal. Game over. Better luck next time.

She’s now saying the lower scores are not her fault, but my fault because I did not inform some of her bosses that she was doing extra work for one boss. At what point does she say something? At what point does she take responsibility for her work? At what point does someone say “I f’d up. Great learning experience… let’s move on”?

The reason that I didn’t speak with her bosses is simple: I screwed up. I admit it. I admitted it to her. She took the ball and ran with it. Now, she thinks her scores are all in question. I had to tell her that her consistent (and across the board) low scores were based on an entire year of screwing up, not just the supremely bad job she has been doing lately.

She wants to hear none of it. It’s all poor performance from her supervisor (me) and her bosses feel that I am doing a poor job. This is all according to her… I can only imagine what she is telling them.

When I spoke with several of her bosses this morning, I got the impression that she had ratted me out. Interestingly enough, when I was telling them how I screwed up and I couldn’t apologize enough for not informing them earlier that she was being overwhelmed by one boss, they seemed to smell the BS coming from her. All I did was tell the truth… and her BS immediately didn’t make sense. (Funny how that works.) Immediately, they all asked why she didn’t say something to me earlier? Why didn’t she let them know? Why didn’t she apologize for all the shit they’ve gone through?

Interesting, how these guys figured things out pretty quickly on their own, no? I didn’t feel it was my place to rat her out and say “she’s a screw-up through and through.” So, I told them how I would be watching much more closely and if they had any issues, to not hesitate to bring them to me. “Bring your work as well,” I smiled, “I don’t get to do much for you guys anymore, so anytime I can help out it’s fun.” I can out shine anyone in sucking up and putting out the quality work. [...bitch tries to stab me in the back, I’ll chop her off at the knees…]

The irony is, normally, a bad review follows you throughout the year. Not me, I give them the review and use that as a starting point and thinking: "Move forward." She is keeping herself stuck in the same damn spot--and I'm going to have a hard time not thinking about her staying in that spot... What a putz.

Well, the weekend is here and I don’t have to think about this crap for two days… of course, I’ll probably start thinking about it Sunday afternoon and I’ll be in full pissed off mode at 7:30 Monday morning.

Have a lovely weekend…
(i.e. I hope you get laid… actually, I hope I get laid…)


No comments: