Tuesday, June 04, 2002

This weekend I cleaned out under my bed. Buried deep beneath the mountains of dust bunnies, missing socks, and unpaid parking tickets rested the treasure: my (mostly crappy) movie posters! I am now releasing many of these onto an unsuspecting world. Yes, my collection of late 80’s and early 90’s movie posters are a fascinating trip through bad filmmaking and even worse film marketing. True, there are a few Academy Award winners within, but far too many pieces of junk that I felt I had to possess. Oh, the give-me, give-me of the 80’s!

Alas, I spent the weekend blowing dust out of the tubes (finally, I was blowing something on a Saturday night…) and sifting through the posters, wondering why in God’s name did I ever decide I wanted these in the first place… and wondering why I was sitting at home on a Saturday night going through my (mostly crappy) poster collection, when there is an exciting world of nightclubs, discos and bars where I could be ignored and dismissed by hundreds of hot guys.

Life is grand, no?

Friends said I should sell them on eBay, because, “I’ll make a fortune.” I’ve seen what posters are going for on eBay—a fortune, it isn’t. Plus, since I am the laziest son-of-a-bitch you'll ever meet, I have decided to give them away.

If you are reading this and you see a poster you like, send me an e-mail and I’ll give you the poster. If you are in some far corner of the world (known to me as “outside the San Francisco Bay Area), you’ll have to send me postage, because I am not made of money—right now, my net worth is calculated in (mostly crappy) movie posters and dust bunnies.

What posters are on the list, you ask? Well, I’ll list them below. Note that the first section consists of rolled posters in good to excellent condition, the second section consists of folded posters in okay (but mostly crappy) condition.

Godspeed to you perusing this list of (mostly crappy) posters.

ROLLED POSTERS
1492
29th Street
Abyss, The
Always
Amazon Women on the Moon
Avalon
Back to the Future II (teaser & release version)
Backdraft
Batman Returns (teaser & release version)
Beaches
Big
Big Business
Big Easy
Black Widow
Blaze
Brain Candy
Cape Fear
Child's Play
Cocktail
Come See the Paradise
Cool Runnings
Cool World
Crybaby
Days of Thunder
Dick Tracy
Die Hard
Die Hard 2
Do the Right Thing
DOA
Doors, the
Dry White Season, A
Dumbo Drop
Edward Scissorhands (teaser)
Field of Dreams
Fish Called Wanda, A
Fisher King, The
Frankenstein (Mary Shelley's)
Fried Green Tomatoes
Gate, The
Good Morning, Vietnam
Gorillas in the Mist
Guilty by Suspicion
He Said, She Said
Hellbound: Hellraiser II
Hudson Hawk
Hunt for Red October, The (teaser)
In the Line of Fire
Interview with a Vampire
IQ
Jetsons, The
Joy Luck Club, The
Judging Your Life
La Bamba
LA Story
Last Action Hero
Last Starfighter, The
Late for Dinner
Lawnmover Man
Less Than Zero
Less Than Zero
Leviathan
Licence to Kill
License to Kill
Look Who's Talking
Lord of the Flies
Maid to Order
Midnight Run (A and B version)
Milagro Beanfield War, The
Mr. Holland's Opus
Mr. Wonderful
Mrs. Doubtfire
My Cousin Vinny
My Girl
Narrow Margin
Nightmare on Elm Street, A
Old Gringo
Pacific Heights
Parenthood
Perfect World
Posse
Power
Pulp Fiction
Radio Flyer
Raising Arizona
Rambo III
Return to Snowy River
Roxanne
School Daze
Searching for Bobby Fischer
Sex, Lies and Videotape
Soldiers Story
Someone to Watch Over Me (A & B versions))
Steel Magnolias
Striptease
Suspect
Tales from the Darkside
Threesome
Total Recall
Wall Street
War of the Roses
Wedding Banquet, The
Working Girl
Worth Winning
Young Guns

FOLDED POSTERS
Angel Heart
Better Off Dead
Birdy
Blue Velvet
Boy Who Could Fly, The
Buckaroo Banzai: Across the 8th Dimension
Color of Money, The
Crocodile Dundee
Cross Creek
Dead, The
Driving Miss Daisy
Dune
Flashdance
Fly, The
For All Mankind
Fright Night
Garbo Talks
Gardens of Stone
Great Muppet Caper
Innerspace
Jagged Edge
Karate Kid II
King of Comedy, The
Lucas
Lucky Lady, The (Pia Zadora!)
Manhattan
Manhattan Project, The
Mask
Masters of the Universe
Money Pit, The
Mr. Mom
Muppets Take Manhattan, The
Mutant
Never Cry Wolf
Outrageous Fortune
Places in the Heart
Police Academy
Predator
Protocol
Red Dawn
Robocop
Romancing The Stone
Scarface
Short Circuit
Silkwood
Spaceballs
St. Elmo's Fire
Star Trek IV
Starman (teaser & release version)
Sweet Dreams
That's Dancing
Weird Science
White Nights
World According to Garp, The
Year of the Dragon, The

Feel free to e-mail me at ###@####* (be sure to note Movie Posters in the subject line). There is no guarantee any of these posters will be available as some friends have expressed an interest in stopping by and checking out what I've got (if only they weren't talking about the posters). First come, first serve.

*Don't feel free to email me... the posters are long gone (why do people email me on something that is 4 years old?