Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

How are you celebrating?

I'd like to think I celebrate the Earth every day by being a good citizen and keeping my carbon footprint low. I'm not and I don't, but I'd like to think so.

In honor of Earth Day, I won't pass any gas today! um, any more gas... Wait. Okay... Um... Any more gas... starting... now. Wait a second... now. Crud. You know, having Mexican food last night was a bad idea. I'll think of something else (first, I need to open a window... or something).

It's a friggin' Spare the Air day in the Bay Area, how can you NOT do something for Earth today? Public transit is free today! If I can't appeal to your being a good citizen, can I at least appeal to your love of money?

For Mother Earth I will start my summer garden today--I'll plant some flowers, and some tomatoes, too. Helping the bees and my pocket book. See? Earth Day helps all of us.

Plus, in keeping with the idea of Earth Day, I'll recycle something... does Mexican Food count?





(apologies for the fart jokes... I'm a D&F kind of guy).

2 comments:

Michele said...

Today is Earth Day? No way! I wish I was kidding as I say I had no idea. Frickin' Norwegian news---Earth Day was totally not even on the front page. We're too busy debating whether to drill for oil off the coast of another beautiful Arctic island... I did ride my bike to the store today, so that counts for something, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your garden.

And lay off those beans at the Mexican restaurant!