Friday, December 30, 2005

Meet the New Love of My Life


I bought a new stylish (read: black) iPod this week. It’s my most favorite-ist toy… ever! It’s so freakin’ simple and it does so much—the video is crystal clear… I can’t say enough good things about it.

Currently, I could listen to it for three and a half days and not listen to the same song twice (that’s over 1500 songs!).

I figure it will pay for itself when I sell* all my CD’s to Street Light Records as I will never need them again (yes, I’m backing it all up). I have hundreds of CDs with only one (sometimes two) good songs on them.

Going to the Apple Store was a real treat (he said sarcastically), everyone working there can't be older than 15 and most of the customers aren’t any older than 7. I’m not sure if by buying one I am “youthful;” a sad, pathetic old fart attempting to recapture my youth; or a sad, pathetic old fart who never grew up. I think by writing “youthful” with quotes around it gives me a clue that I am definitely not “youthful” in any way shape or form. But, like all sad, pathetic old farts, I’m oblivious to that fact as much as I am that I am driving with my blinker constantly on.

Well, I need to get back to my music as I still have a stack of CDs to be converted and it’s almost 1:30am (hey, that’s early if you’re “youthful”).







*The only bad thing about selling the CDs is the look I will get from the sales clerk about the crappy stuff I own. It’s the same look I get at a garage sale: people judge you on the crap I’m getting rid of. I didn’t want most of it in the first place… seriously!

4 comments:

Michael said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya down there cause most of the time you get more in store credit (which is bad for me because I try to make money and wind up spending more on more cds!)

Miladysa said...

I am not getting older just wiser :)

I would love to know what kind of CDs they are - I suspect they might be Japanese chicken songs.

Happy New Year Mr Lion x

marcy_peanut said...

The new love of my life is Shane, from The L Word. I asked for her for Christmas, but I was left high and dry. :(

earnest said...

» International Trial Of Novel Breast Cancer Drug
14/12/06 07:03 from Breast cancer blog from medicineworld.org
-------------------------------------------------------------
A clinical trial of a new targeted breast cancer drug, led by
physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Cancer
Center, has begun enrolling patients. The TEACH (Tykerb
Evaluation After CHemotherapy) trial will investigate ...


For useful content on fourteen simple things on breast cancer, nutrients help prevent breast cancer and breast cancer current treatment: check
the url is http://breast-cancer1.com