Thursday, April 13, 2006

It was 50 Years Ago Today...

...that my parents walked down the aisle...

...and they are still together! Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!*

Over the years they have said that it was a lot of work to make a marriage work, but they always made it look easy. I can only hope to have been as good of a son as they have been parents.**




*They don't read this... are you kidding?! I talk about sucking body parts of other guys, I'm not going to share that with my parents--speaking of: I got laid the other night. Freaky stuff. Bizarre, actually. Will have to share some of the funnier aspects later (and they will be shared), but right now, it's all about the 'rents.

**I'm definitely stealing that for my toast tonight... (if any of my siblings are reading this and planning to steal it from me, know this: I have taken a meat butchering course (hasn't everyone?), so you have been warned.



4 comments:

JPRESTI said...

I just have one thing to say, "O-O-H C-H-R-I-S-S-s"

Boz said...

That wedding picture is brilliant. Full-on glam-o-rama.

Looks like they're both about to break into a run though. But together, which is the important detail I guess.

:-)

Chris said...

boz: I think they were about to start running... to their honeymoon. Remember, this was 1956 and "good girls" didn't 'do that' before they got married.

My brothers were born barely a year later--so they got busy quickly.

Boz said...

Yes. Good point. I hadn't thought of that. How long were they engaged...?