Thursday, November 01, 2007

Seismic Monitor


I’m in an earthquake preparedness kind of mood after Tuesday night (buying water, making sure my earthquake preparedness kit is up-to-date, etc.). I found this page on the fantasmical world wide web, courtesy of the Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology—it lists all the seismic activity on the planet.



When you have a second, check out the “Ring of Fire,” and anyone on the Pacific Ocean on either the Americas or Asia get the idea that it’s not if an earthquake happens, but when.

If you’re as fascinated with earthquakes as I am, then you must go here.

5 comments:

Michele said...

Hi Chris! I've been reading about the earthquake and the aftershocks---I'm glad it wasn't worse. This time.

I've been feeling so homesick but, um, when I think about the fires, earthquakes, traffic, and no health insurance, I admit to feeling scared to move back. I should wait until February when I'm up to my ass in snow and then think about it again. :-)

Wow, Marjoe Gortner! I forgot he ever existed. Anyway, you have a thing for Chuck, don't you?

Billy said...

We had a few 'tremors' here a while ago, and it had the whole of Nairobi talking for weeks, and believe me when I say 'slight tremors'. Not sure if I would be able to handle a full blown quake...

Chris said...

Yes, Michele, Chuck was pretty groovy. Actually, I f'ing LOVED his shoes. They were called "Earth Shoes": tan, suede, with a cool piping--I had to have them. It took me a few years, but I found them. I loved those shoes. I guess I figured it would make me cool like Chuck.

Michele said...

Chris, you're SO much cooler than Chuck. Your bare feet are cooler than Chuck. And Chuck used to be pretty cool...

Chris said...

Thanks... but Chuck was pretty cool in the day.