Friday, June 19, 2009

What the Hut?


Pizza Hut has had declining sales of late--gee, who hasn't?--and, in order to beef up sales have decided to 'rebrand' themselves as The Hut.
No shit.
They took the best part of their name and dropped it for the worst part of their name. The Hut.
What the fuck is wrong with people nowadays? I only ate at Pizza Hut on two occasions in my almost 45 years... wanna know why? Their pizza sucked. I'll have no problem avoiding The Hut...
Wow, that name just rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it? It actually makes me hungry just saying it... anyone got the number for Roundtable? Cuz that's some good f'ing pizza!

4 comments:

JPRESTI said...

And if that is their new identity, they're really in trouble. Nobody will know what they sell. Looks like a red hat store. Is that suppose to be a profile of a pizza box under the HUT? I hope they didn't pay too much for it. I know the brand strategy studio that upgraded them last time, but this doesn't look up to their standards.

They did an amazing job recently for dominos.

Check it out:

http://www.tesser.com/client_work/dominos.htm

JPRESTI said...

They also did the newest KFC Colonel upgrade a few years back. I hope this "The HUT" isn't theirs...

Project Christopher said...

The Hut... as in Jabba?

and, in a line funnier than I could have come up with in my stand up set, the word verification below that I have to use is (no lie) gaspopo... Eat at The Hut and get Gaspopo

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, could work. I originally thought the new "KFC" branding was bad, but it's turned out pretty well. But I don't eat at either The Hut or KFC, so...whatever. Flashy new logos and commercials can't transform bad food!