I’m almost sure this has been around for a while, but I’ve received as spate of ‘warm and fuzzy’ emails on friendship lately, that I think we all need a reminder of what ‘true friendship’ really is.
'True' Friendship—None of that Sissy Crap
Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.
You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card- Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.
- When you are sad—I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.
- When you are blue—I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
- When you smile—I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.
- When you are scared—I will rag on you about it every chance I get.
- When you are worried—I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
- When you are confused—I will use little words.
- When you are sick—Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
- When you fall—I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.
This is my oath .... I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask; because you are my friend.
Friendship is like peeing your pants--everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
Remember: A friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move the body. Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel.
Send this to 10 of your closest friends; then get depressed because you can only think of 4.
Special thanks to Heather for sending this... you're a true friend. Oh, and if that shovel offer still stands, give me a call.