Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yes We Can… As Long As You’re Not Gay


I found the above picture and the below Rachel Maddow clip on Towleroad. This just breaks my heart to think that qualified men and women who want to serve our country are being denied that right. Lt. Col. Victor Fehrenbach is being discharged two years shy of his retirement with full benefits, only because he is gay. Everyone in our government is discussing “fiscal responsibility” and we’re throwing out $25million in training.

I was so happy when Obama was elected… I’m beginning to think he’s just as bad for gays as Bush. He has yet to repeal Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell as he campaigned, and he just sits there allowing these fine men and women to be discharged. Mr. President, your silence makes you complicit in these acts. Would you feel the same way if these men and women were being discharged based on the color of their skin? The President can stop this… he just chooses not to.

Shameful…



On another note… the dude is effing HOT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree--it really bothered me when I learned Obama isn't going to suspend any dismissals of gay service members. Why not? No explanation. Well, can't say I'm surprised. This is how these kinds of things tend to go.

JPRESTI said...

This is the second person Rachel has highlighted on her show going through the same thing. The other gentleman is a West Point grad who came out on her show.

It only took a couple weeks before he got his dismissal letter.

You are so right. Shameful.

Michele said...

Shit, am I going to have to start feeling ashamed of my President AGAIN? As if the last eight years weren't enough? This shit is old, man, so f&%king old.

On a happier note, I hear Hillary has cleared out most of the conservative wingnuts from the State Dept. who were running (ruining) programs that affected women's reproductive health around the world. One guy was told to clear out his desk the day Hillary took office. Go girl!