Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rosie's Variety Special


Did anyone see Rosie's horrific variety special the night before Thanksgiving? What a piece of shit. Seriously. Awful, awful piece of shit. There is no polite way to describe it. What a load of crap. I guess they were so excited to do this, they forgot to write the show or practice.

After Liza and Rosie started the show with a song that neither of them bothered to rehears, I thought, “It can’t get much worse…” Then Alec Baldwin brought in "the door"… the show was no longer in a decline, but a complete free-fall.

When the show finally ended, I was filled with relief. I was also stunned that no one bothered to rehearse anything. I used to think that Rosie could be entertaining in almost any setting. I was very, very wrong.

I remember the many variety specials they ran in the 60’s and 70’s. They were fun and full of talent. They faded in the 80’s and are now gone. I’d hoped that Rosie might bring back the variety special… instead, that bitch killed it.

3 comments:

Donnie said...

Come on, don't hold back - tell us how you really feel about it ;-)

JPRESTI said...

She tried and failed. Nobody else even tried. And if you had seen Liza on CBS This Morning (or whatever it's called) that week, you would have realized that while she is a legend, she is a little shaky at best.

Why so angry? Really, why call Rose a bitch? I am not sure she deserves the personal attack. Next time, change the channel, oh, that's right, there won't be a next time.

Anonymous said...

I watched it but, yeah, it wasn't all that great. I thought starting with Liza was odd (who was she trying to attract?) and uncomfortable. And then there was Ne-Yo or Chris Brown (I like them both but always get confused). And it just bounced around and around, and ended with Gloria Estefan and dancing food (WTF?).

She might have had more viewers if they had actually showcased the entertainers in the ads instead of Rosie vamping it up with male dancers. I don't think people knew what to expect, but in the end, it was just weird.