Sunday, July 30, 2006

Ciao, For Now…


Today I went to Becky and Joe Robbins’ going away party in Concord (not a drive I would make for just anyone) and had a really nice time. They could not be any cuter—Italy is getting a wonderful couple.

I was a little worried when they said they were going to move to Italy. I am not sure if it is because I am envious, or was unsure if this was a good idea. But when Becky described the process she went through and how everything kept falling into place for them, I knew this was destined for them.

Their house is sold, they have their Italian citizenship and they are on their way. I wish them well on their journey and hope that life in Italy brings them great joy.

Arrivederci i miei amici, fino a che non veniamo a contatto di ancora.

1 comment:

JPRESTI said...

Why are all your friends are moving to Europe? Are they trying to get as far away from you as possible? Or is it just a coincidence?

p.s. That last line, "Goodbye my love, my last goat is vibrating with your operatic ascension," nice of Laura to help you with the translation.