Tuesday, November 15, 2005

How Blue Am I?
Quick, someone call an Analrapist!

Like all relationships that are going to end, there were warning signs. I knew it was going to happen, but I had faith. I had hope. Yet, once again, my faith in the intelligence of the American people is called into question (you’d think I’d learn by now).

FOX television, the network of idiot shows like “Who Wants to Marry A Multi-Millionaire” and “When [insert something like “animals,” “cars,” or “small woodland creatures”] Attack” has pulled the plug on the best live-action comedy show they have on their crappy little network: “Arrested Development” has been cancelled.

I haven’t been able to write for the past few days, I am so bummed about. It’s a brilliant show, and there are DVD’s, but it’s not the same. Not the same at all.

I was hoping HBO, Showtime, or some other cable company with a brain would pick it up, but no luck. The show won a slew of Emmys this year! Can't an award winning show find a decent home? Is that too much to ask, America?

I'm sure in a few years there will be a huge cult following of the show and people will wonder why it was cancelled. Thanks, America for not f'ing thinking. I shouldn't be surprised, these are the same people that voted for Dubya... they watch "funny" shows like "According to Jim" and "Yes, Dear." Visigoths!

I think I’m going to curl up in bed with a gallon of ice cream and cry myself sleep.*

I’ll try and be funny tomorrow when I write about my car accident (there’s a happy-happy-good-time-fun-good-time-make-you-smile story if there ever was one).



I do that every night, but mostly without the ice cream… mostly.

5 comments:

Miladysa said...

There, there, there! It could be worse - you could be having Tom Cruise's baby - well, perhaps not! :)

Don't cry too much but enjoy the ice cream :)

JPRESTI said...

Or, you could be the FATHER of Tom Cruise's baby. Oh, now I am confused.

p.s.

You are absolutely right about Arrested Developement. But I am surprised you aren't excited that now FOX just plays back to back to back episodes of Prison Break. Cute guys behind bars*. Come back to the light Chris!

Of course I am making an asumption here since I haven't actually watched the show.

JPRESTI said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris said...

I haven't watched Prison Break, how could it compare to all the FULL FRONTALL in OZ? But, I have seen the previews and, oh yeah, me likey!

And Jill... you would not want to be there when I'm in a car accident: "You Mother F-----!!!"

Unknown said...

Hey--I left a comment and it disappeared into outer space!

What I said was...it could be even worse! You could BE Tom Cruise's baby!! But then you would never know who your father was...that would be regretful, at best.