Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Are You F-ing Kidding Me?

I saw this on dlisted this morning:


I think Michael K put it best when he wrote, "Imagine sitting through 15 hours of Justin Timberlake. There isn't enough booze and drugs on the planet to get you through that."

I was hoping they'd bring back Jon Stewart. They always blame the host for the poor ratings. It's the host that gets us through the crap that is "The Oscars." Face it, there's no substance to The Oscars--it's all frivolous.* The ratings for The Oscars are tied directly into what is nominated. The ratings peaked the year Titanic was nominated. As much as I loved Brideshead Revisited, if it gets the most nominations this year it will tank.

If they’re going to go for crappy, why not have Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears host? Talk about the Train-wreck Trifecta! I want to see those nut-jobs derail in the most public way possible.





*I love The Oscars, but when people are being massacred in Darfur and soldiers dying in Iraq and Bush is still devising ways to end life on this planet as we know it, I really couldn't care less what Cate Blanchet is wearing...**

**…wait, she's wearing Dolce and Gabana? FABulous! Get that f'ing starving kid off my TV and turn on E!.

No comments: