Tuesday, September 02, 2008

What Have I Started?


Today, I made the critical error of opening and starting to assemble my Millenium Falcon Star Wars Lego set. While, for most, this is fun--for me, it's an exercise in futility.

After four hours of work, here's what I've put together so far:*


Here are the over 5000 pieces of the set out on my dining room table (and an additional card table):

Note the Limoncello elegantly bagged on the buffet in the back

Actually, the reason it has taken me so long to get anything done is that I had to sort out all 5000 pieces. Here they are all laid out and waiting for me to assemble:


But not tonight... I'm going to bed. I'll keep you kids updated.

BTW: Yes, I'm a geek. Yes, I'm a child playing with a very expensive toy. But I'm owing it. Besides, it's a freakin' Millenium Falcon! And it's LEGO!!! It's AWESOME!

UPDATE: Well, I'm almost finished... (I stopped counting how long it took after 20 hours) but the set is missing six critical pieces!  I've put an order in to their Missing Parts Dept., but until I get the pieces the Millennium Falcon will remain unfinished... [sniff]




*For the record, that's Luke, Han, Obi-Wan, Lea, and Chewbacca (seated).

2 comments:

Cuphound said...

That is so fucking cool...

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! This is, like, the coolest problem to have.